You may have started experiencing Skyrim mouse lag just after buying it. The surprising thing is that setting lowest options would not help at all. Thus I’m going to discuss with you several solutions of this problem that need not be necessarily lie in your mouse.
· Prevent Overheating
· Disable Mouse Acceleration Feature
· Change Some Other Configurations
· Make Optimum Services Profile
· Defrag your Disks
Make sure your processor is not overheating. If it is overheating, do take appropriate measures. First of all, open the cabinet of your CPU, clean all the components including fans & motherboard. Then try playing Skyrim and check whether Skyrim mouse lag persists or not.
Disable Mouse Acceleration Feature
The Mouse Acceleration feature can be the cause of mouse lag problem. Disable it as shown below:
1. Click Start, select My Documents.
2. Double click Skyrim\SteamApps\Common\Skyrim.
3. Right click the file SkyrimPrefs.ini and select Open With | Notepad.
4. Click Edit | Find. Type bMouseAcceleration and click Find Next button.
5. After the keyword is highlighted, replace its value to 0. 0 represents disable and 1 represents enable.
6. Click File | Save.
7. Close the file.
Change Some Other Configurations
Along with the above said mouse acceleration feature change other game settings as below:
1. Repeat the Steps 1 to Step 3 given in the above paragraph.
2. Add the following lines after the contents of the file are end:
3. Under [Display] section, search for a keyword called iPresentInterval. Replace its value from 1 to 0.
4. Save and close the file.
Make Optimum Services Profile
You’ll need to know which services are taking a lot of your memory and causing Skyrim mouse lag. Do this by installing a Services Optimizer software and making a new fresh profile with minimum number of services.
1. Download, install and run a Services Optimizer software.
2. Make a new services profile by clicking Optimize Services button from the Services Manager tab on the left hand side.
3. Select Gaming Computer (Extreme Performance) option from the drop down box that appears. Click Optimize Services button to apply your changes and proceed.
Defrag your Disks
If you’re not defragging your hard disk regularly, then it might be the reason why mouse lags while playing Skyrim. Defrag all the partitions of your hard disk to repair this issue.
1. Click Start, point to All Programs | Accessories | System Tools.
2. Select Disk Defragmenter.
3. Select all partitions that appears in the list.
4. Click Defragment Disks button.