Computer freezes while streaming videos is common problem among Internet users. Users are complaining that every time they play the video—computer starts freezing.
Below are outlined troubleshooting instructions to stop computer from freezing while streaming videos.
End Process Freezing Program:
Steps given below are recommendations on what to do when your computer freezes while streaming Videos.
1. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del
2. Click on Processes Tab | Select the program that is causing your computer to freeze
3. Click on End Process.
Disable Background Running Programs:
Some background running applications can cause your computer to freeze while streaming videos. Follow the steps given below to disable background running programs.
1. Click on Start | Type MSCOFIG | Enter
2. Click on Services | Uncheck unwanted services
3. Apply | OK
Update Flash Player:
A computer that is freezing while streaming videos mostly requires update for flash player. Try updating flash player, below is given procedure.
1. Click on Start | Control Panel | Add or Remove Program
2. Click on Adobe Flash Player | Uninstall it
3. Visit Adobe Flash Player’s website
4. Download updated Flash Player.
5. Close all applications and restart your system.
Remove Browser Add-ons:
When you attempt to steam video, conflicting add-ons can cause your browser to freeze. Remove all toolbars through control panel and try managing Add-ons depending on your browser. Uninstall unwanted toolbars by applying steps given below.
1. Click on Start | Control Panel | Add or Remove Programs
2. Select unwanted tool bar | Uninstall
Note: You can search on Google how to manage Add-ons with reference to your browser.
Update Device Drivers:
Ensure that you have latest device drivers installed on your system to avoid from computer that freezing while streaming videos. To update device drivers, follow the instructions given below.
1. Right Click on My Computer | Properties
2. Hardware | Device Manager
3. Select Device | Right Click on it | Check for updates
4. Download latest version of driver.
Repair Windows Registry:
Your computer freezes while streaming videos if browser related registry entries are corrupted. Repair registry to fix installation issues and other registry related issues.
1. Download some reliable registry fixing program.
2. Run full registry scan | Repair Errors