Android error 921 occurs whilst downloading an app from the market. Error 921 occurs on different stages. You may receive this error before installation or when you start downloading an app. It can also occur when you are updating an app.
Fix error 921 when you start downloading an app:
Use the instructions given below if you are unable to download an app.
- Ensure that your device is one among listed supported devices. If your device is not present in the list, contact manufacturer.
- Ensure your credit card information for paid apps is correct. You can check the updates for credit card information by signing into your Google Wallet account.
- If your credit card information is up to date, simply cancel the download and restart it.
- Restart your device and try downloading app.
- Ensure the connectivity of Internet. Contact your service provider if you are facing problem with Internet Connection.
- Ensure Firewalls are not blocking access of particular application on your device. Check the ports TCP and UDP 5228 for Google Play.
Clear Cache and Google Play store data:
Android error 921 can occur because of data in cache and download manager. Follow the instructions given below to clean cache and Google Play Store.
- Go to Menu | Select Settings | Go to Applications
- Click on Manage Applications | Now select “All”
- Select Google Play Store App and then select Download Manager
- Clear Data
- Clear Cache
- For faster cleaning install ST Cleaner App
Sign In to Google Talk:
To successfully download Android app, you must be able to sign into your Google Talk/Hangouts. Follow the instructions given below to ensure your device is signed into Hangouts.
- Press Talk app by visiting device’s app launcher.
- Press Menu if you are already signed to Hangouts.
- Now Sign Out.
- Launch Hangouts again and try signing in.
- Try downloading app that was showing error 921.
Remount Your SD Card:
If Android error 921 still occurs, remount your SD Card by performing instructions given below.
- Go to Menu | select Settings | next Storage | Unmount SD card
- Select Remount SD card.
- Reset your device if Remount option is not present.